Teeth Whitening in WInston-Salem
Even if you have always been proactive with oral health will find their teeth becoming dull and discolored as time passes. This is partly due to genetics and aging and helped by lifestyle choices like smoking and the foods and drinks we consume.
At Jeffrey Tibbs, DDS, PA in Winston-Salem, we are pleased to offer our patients the convenience of professional take-home teeth whitening. There's a wide variety of whitening products available, and we choose those we have found to produce the fastest, most consistent results for our patients.
Our Teeth Whitening Options in Winston-Salem
We are pleased to offer teeth whitening options so you can choose the one that best fits your busy schedule.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In-office teeth whitening is a process that takes a little over an hour to complete. This treatment is a perfect option if you have a tight timeline for an event like a wedding, reunion, business presentation, or job interview. However, choosing professional teeth at our Winston-Salem dental office can transform your smile from drab to dazzling in just one appointment.
Professional Take-Home Whitening Kits
Many patients prefer our professional take-home teeth whitening kits because they can whiten when it's convenient. If you have tried over-the-counter whitening kits, you may have already discovered that they're not particularly effective.
A professional teeth whitening kit will always produce superior results for several reasons:
- Prescription-strength whitening gel: The whitening gel available at our Winston-Salem dental office contains a higher concentration of peroxide that works to eliminate stubborn tooth stains and discoloration.
- Custom whitening trays: With the generic whitening tray included in a store-bought kit, you have no assurance that it will fit properly. Since we create custom trays using impressions of your teeth, you know that yours will fit perfectly and cover tooth surfaces evenly.
- Professional support: Our dental team will be happy to assist you if you experience sensitivity or don't see the desired results. With store-bought kits, you get an 800 number to call and speak to someone who has no idea what your dental history is.
We'll show you how to place the whitening gel in your trays, and you should wear them for 15 to 90 minutes every day for about two weeks to see a stunning smile.
How to Keep Your Smile Bright after Whitening
Getting your smile as bright as you want it to be is easy, but maintaining those results can be challenging. Here are a few tips to help you enjoy your brightest smile longer:
- Brush at least twice a day—after meals is ideal—and floss once. Brushing and flossing removes food particles and plaque buildup that can dull your smile.
- Remember that coffee, red wine, dark berries, beets, tomato sauce, and other darkly-colored foods can deposit stains on your teeth. Smoking is the worst because it leaves ugly brown stains on your teeth that can be challenging to remove, even with professional whitening.
- Stay current with professional teeth cleanings to keep your smile looking bright. Your hygienist removes plaque and tartar, then polishes your teeth to remove surface stains and leave you with a fresh, clean smile.
- Use your custom trays and leftover whitening gel to perform monthly at-home touchups.
Call Us to Arrange Your Whitening Treatment
As you can see, you have options when thinking about teeth whitening! Please call our Winston-Salem dental office to arrange a professional cleaning so you can get started! Dr. Tibbs is pleased to welcome patients from all surrounding areas, including Clemmens, Lewisville, and Muddy Creek.