Do you have a broken, chipped, or diseased tooth in need of rescue? Have you searched high and low for help but haven’t received the personalized care you deserve? Well, look no further than Jeffrey J Tibbs, DDS PA! Dr. Tibbs can help you restore your unique smile with dental crowns fit for royalty. With custom crowns, you won’t have to worry about shying away from sharing your smile with the world.
What Are Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are a long-lasting, restorative solution that can save your smile from further damage or disease. Crowns are tooth-shaped caps that are placed over a weakened or diseased tooth. Not only do crowns restore and improve your teeth, but they also support your surrounding teeth so your smile can last a lifetime.
Why Are Crowns Needed?
Even when we take care of our teeth, they can still suffer from injury or infection. Our teeth can also experience natural wear and tear, weakening our teeth and making them more prone to damage. Dental crowns protect and restore your dental health and can improve your appearance in the process.
Some of the most common reasons why crowns are needed are to:
- Cover a dental implant
- Replace a sizeable filling
- Restore a damaged, cracked, or decayed tooth
- Attain an aligned bite
- Achieve a uniform smile
- Correct a tooth’s size, shape, and color
- Protect a tooth that had root canal treatment
Whatever your reason may be, Dr. Tibbs can help you improve your oral health or aesthetic concerns with custom-made dental crowns.
What Does Getting a Crown Involve?
The first step in the treatment process is to receive a comprehensive exam. During this exam, Dr. Tibbs will thoroughly assess your needs and smile goals to ensure a crown is right for you. If he determines that a crown is the best treatment for you, Dr. Tibbs will do the following:
- Gently remove tooth decay from the damaged or weakened tooth
- Clean the tooth’s interior, eliminating any residual bacteria
- Create a model from impressions of the tooth
- Send the model to a special lab that fabricates the crown
Because it may take a couple of weeks for the dental lab to create your permanent crown, Dr. Tibbs will provide you with a temporary crown to wear in the meantime.
When the permanent crown is ready, you will return to our dental office, and Dr. Tibbs will do the following:
- Replace the temporary crown with the permanent crown
- Make sure the permanent crown fits the damaged tooth
- Assess the teeth’s alignment and symmetry
- Polish the tooth for natural shine
- Cement the crown to the tooth
And voila—you can enjoy your new and improved smile! After your treatment, Dr. Tibbs will give you instructions on how to care for your new crown so it can remain healthy and strong for several years to come.
Ready to Restore Your Smile? Call Us Today!
Our customized dental crowns can revive your smile, improve your oral health, and boost your self-esteem in no time. Call us today at (336) 765-7477 to schedule an appointment!