Dental implants can replace missing teeth in your smile, making dental implants a great option for people who are missing a tooth or teeth due to decay or injury. It is also possible to just be born with missing teeth. Dental implants can take the place of those missing teeth.
If you choose to leave teeth missing, you may be putting your oral health at risk. The bones in your face and jaw are made to support teeth and the roots of teeth, and without the teeth in place, the bones can begin to deteriorate, along with other areas of your oral health. For that reason, addressing missing teeth with permanent tooth replacement is important.
Missing Teeth? Consider the below information.
If you are missing teeth or your dentist has suggested dental implants, consider the following:
- Dental implants can help you in your everyday life, making eating and talking easier.
- Dental implants will last for decades, or even a lifetime, if cared for properly.
- Unlike when you wear dentures, your dental implants will stay securely in your mouth. They don’t need to be removed and will never fall out while you’re talking.
- You’ll enjoy better oral health with dental implants.
- Dental implants appear to be natural teeth to the outside observer, so no one will know you have dental implants.
Dental implants are the closest thing to a natural tooth. They are easy to upkeep since you upkeep them just as you would a natural tooth: with regular cleaning, brushing, and flossing.
As an added bonus, tooth implant surgery is generally not painful, and your dental implants can usually be inserted in one appointment. If you are concerned about experiencing pain or are uncomfortable with the dental implant procedure, there are sedation options available that you may choose to use for a more comfortable experience.
The best way to find out if dental implants are right for you is to visit our dental office in Winston-Salem, NC. Dr. Jeffrey J. Tibbs, DDS, can examine your mouth and advise you on the best course of action for your smile.
Reach out to us today to schedule your consultation.