Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
At the office of Jeffrey J. Tibbs, DDS, patient education is the cornerstone of our practice. We know from experience that educated patients generally enjoy healthier smiles because they understand how their oral health affects their overall health and quality of life.
We always have time for your questions because we don't expect you to be an expert on your oral health. Dr. Tibbs and our team are always more than happy to explain what we need to do and why we recommend a certain procedure. In addition to answering your questions, we also use state-of-the-art technology like digital x-rays and intraoral cameras that allow you to be an active participant in the process.
Here are a few of the questions we hear most often from our patients. You probably have some of your own that aren't shown here, so please don't ever hesitate to call our office at (336) 765-7477 or use our convenient online contact form.
- Why should I have dental x-rays taken?
- How can I improve the whiteness of my teeth?
- How often should I get a checkup?
- What is tooth sensitivity and why do I have it?
- What are the best ways to practice good hygiene at home?
- What are my options for replacing a tooth?
- Are dental implants expensive?
- What is the difference between porcelain veneers and dental bonding?